Financial literacy can be taught in many ways. Hands-on, real life learning experiences are one of the best ways to learn. This financial literacy booklet is to be used with a class, or home, ‘store’ set up for children. Having small items for sale for specific amounts that children earn money to buy teaches financial literacy in a fun, engaging way. Booklet also incorporates media literacy.
There are 6 pages in the booklet:
– Questions to get children thinking about the store (i.e. What will you save up for?)
– Ordering coin amounts from least to greatest
– “Shopping Day” – Drawing the coins for items purchased
– Amount saved, shared and spent
– Reflecting on why it is important to save etc.
– Media literacy incorporated by creating a store poster
Booklet is offered in color and black and white. (All pages included)
*Please note that this is a digital download for the purchaser to print on their own. No product will be shipped to your home.*